De: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Recibido: 10/04/2006 11:51
Para: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Asunto: Re: timestamp &amp; not null

Hi,

> I created a table and, into it, a timestamp field:
> ... EXPIRES TIMESTAMP NOT NULL, ...
>
> When I issue the command "describe" it shows the field "expires" allows
nulls and defaults to CURRENT_TIMESTAMP. Also, each time I update
> a field other than "expires" in this table, "expires" gets updated to the
current timestamp.

> Does anybody know how can I make a timestamp field be "not null"?
> Lots of thanks to you all.

If you want to store date/time values, do not use the TIMESTAMP
datatype.

What is it that you're trying to do?

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Prueba el Nuevo Correo Terra; Seguro, RĂ¡pido, Fiable.