From: Mohammed Abdul Azeem Sent: 13 April 2006 07:29

> Hi
>
> Iam having a problem using "select into outfile" command, iam getting
> the following error. can anyone help me trace the problem.
>
> mysql> SELECT * INTO OUTFILE'/home/public1/data.txt' FROM temp_table
> WHERE last_time_update = "2006-04-01";
> ERROR 1 (HY000): Can't create/write to file
> '/home/public1/data.txt' (Errcode: 13)

Checking with perror

$perror 13
System error:  13 = Permission denied

So I'd check the permissions on the directory, the user the mysqld
runs as needs write permissions there.

mark
--

Please Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent
This email and any files attached are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual
or entity to which they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our
clients and business,

Thank You.