Hi all,

I have two servers that have production data on them, and then one
server where I would like to keep an active copy of the data.

Currently, there is a job that runs in the middle of the night that
basically does a
mysqldump --host=production_server --all-databases | mysql
--host=backup_server

It takes a long time to copy over all the data, when in reality, it's
not changing that much.  The great thing about this approach is that
yesterdays tables are very nearby and easily accessible in the case
where someone fat-fingers some data.

The trick to this is that I want the backup server to be one day behind
the production server, not real time mirrored, so maybe replication
isn't the right thing, I am not sure.  I am using the innodb storage
engine for most things, though there are a few myIsam tables.

Advice appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rich Duzenbury