Hi,

I have one table :
CREATE TABLE `ressources_summary` (
  `res_type` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `res_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `comment_count` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `comment_last_timestamp` timestamp NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  `comment_last_user_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`res_type`,`res_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM

it gather summary on comments for any ressources (poll, articles,
forums, admin). A ressource is uniquely identify by (res_type,
res_id), the others columns are self-explanatory (I hope).
I'm wondering about the efficiency of storing a comment_count of 0
(and user_id=0, timestamp=0).
There is comments on 20% of the ressources.
What is the cost of looking for a row that does not exists in a table ?
Would it be more efficient to only store summary for comment_count
greater than 0 and knowing missing rows have a count of zero, or to
store everything ?