Hello all,

I've got a problem where a php web application is intermitantly making
bursts of 500+ connections to a mysql database which then locks out all
other connections.  These connection don't apparently do anything query
wise they just use up connections.  The problem is when it happens I
can't get a processlist to see what user is causing it due to too many
connection and therefore track down the offending web app.  I can do a
netstat but that only confirms which web server the out of controll
connections are coming from.

The connections then just die off on their own in about a minute.  Does
anyone know of any way I can log these connections or some other way of
catching it in progress from myslq so I can figure out which website is
causing it and then go correct the code?

Thanks,

Jeff