At 19:14 +0100 14/4/06, Philippe Poelvoorde wrote:
Have a serious look at :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/upgrading-from-3-23.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/upgrading-from-4-0.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/upgrading-from-4-1.html

I will definitely do this. Meanwhile though, it seems to me that my best option is to set up a similar system on my local machine - where I do all my development - as soon as I can. So maybe this is where it gets /slightly/ off-topic...

Can anyone recommend - bearing in mind that I'm no great Unix expert but can follow instructions slavishly! - the best combination of MySQL 5, PHP 5 and Apache 2 for Mac OS X 10.4? I do currently run PHP 5, but only Apache 1.3 and MySQL 4.1.

--
Cheers... Chris
Highway 57 Web Development -- http://highway57.co.uk/

A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.
   -- W.H. Auden