Hey all,

I've checked the archives and found an explanation as to how the check if a record is not in a many-to-many table. The answer to that is somewhat simple and clear to me. But here's my problem: how do you check if a record doesn't have a *particular* many-to-many relationship? As in, let's say I have three tables: users, groups, and users_groups linking the two in a many-to-many relationship. Now let's say that I want to select all users who are not in the group "Group1" -- that is, that user may have entries in the users_groups table, but they would be for other groups, not "Group1."

One more thing: this is easily done with subqueries, but for performance reasons, I need to do it with explicit joins. Anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks,
marco

--
Marco Carbone