Ed Pauley II wrote:
I recently changed from SuSE ES 8 to RedHat ES 4 running MySQL 4.0.26 (I will be upgrading to at least 4.1 after busy season). I compiled my own version this time and when I start the server I see only one mysqld process. I am used to seeing hundreds as my max connect is set to 1000. This is for a very busy website. Did I miss a compile option? Is this an OS thing? I am putting this thing live and we have a couple of very busy weekends coming up. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in adv!
Ed

Normally it should start instances on its own for every virtual host.
Probably you don't have it compiled as V-Host compatible?

--
Smileys rule (cX.x)C --o(^_^o)
Dance for me! ^(^_^)o (o^_^)o o(^_^)^ o(^_^o)