On 4/19/06, Ed Pauley II <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> out of curiosity, how do you do that?
>
> Daniel da Veiga wrote:
> >> If I am not mistaken deleting from the production server would delete
> >> the data on the slave in a replication environment.

Don't get me wrong, try not to top-post, it makes the message harder to read...

SET SQL_LOG_BIN = {0|1}

Disables or enables binary logging for the current connection
(SQL_LOG_BIN is a session variable) if the client connects using an
account that has the SUPER privilege. The statement is ignored if the
client does not have that privilege.

So, if you DELETE data with an account that has the SUPER privilege,
you just issue this SET command before any statment and it won't log
your subsequent queries.

BTW, it was quoted fromt he MySQL Manual.

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil