MySQL 5.0.20

I've got two instances running with mysqlmanager.  I'm not getting any
logging of any sort.

mysqlmanager --help shows:

--------------------------------- -----------------------------
log                               /var/lib/mysql/mysqlmanager.log
pid-file                          /tmp/manager.pid
socket                            /tmp/manager.sock
bind-address                      (No default value)
port                              2273
password-file                     /etc/mysqlmanager.passwd
default-mysqld-path               /usr/sbin/mysqld
monitoring-interval               10
run-as-service                    FALSE
user                              (No default value)
wait-timeout                      28800

I've also tried to set the --log option in the [manager] section of
/etc/my.cnf and restarted the server, to no avail.

Do I have to run-as-service to get logging?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards,
Rich