Hi,

I'm trying to compile on Tru64 using the configure from the reference guide for
using the HP/Compaq compiler (corrected for 'inline')

CC="cc -pthread"
CFLAGS="-O4 -ansi_alias -ansi_args -fast -inline all -arch host"
CXX="cxx -pthread"
CXXFLAGS="-O4 -ansi_alias -ansi_args -fast -inline all \
-arch host -noexceptions -nortti"
export CC CFLAGS CXX CXXFLAGS
./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/mysql \
--with-low-memory \
--enable-large-files \
--enable-shared=yes \
--with-named-thread-libs="-lpthread -lmach -lexc -lc"

However, when it comes time to link, 'ld' throws the error:

/usr/bin/ld:
-pthread: Unknown flag
/usr/bin/ld: Usage: /usr/bin/ld [options] file [...]
gmake[2]: *** [libz.la] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/data/src/mysql/mysql-5.0.20/zlib'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/data/src/mysql/mysql-5.0.20'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

I've tried moving the -pthread to CFLAGS with no effect.

Has anybody gotten around this problem?

Thanks in advance

Quentin
The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are asked to respect that confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use
of its contents. If received in error you are asked to destroy this email
and contact the sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.