From: James Harvard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 5:31 PM
To: Robinson, Eric
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: How to Verify Replication Status?

Never used it, but this might help:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/checksum-table.html
James Harvard

At 5:00 pm -0700 19/4/06, Robinson, Eric wrote:
>I have master-slave replication working fine. However, I worry about
the possibility of the master and slave accidentally getting out of
synchronization. Are there circumstances (other than a direct INSERT to
the slave) that could cause the master and slave to be out of sync? Is
there a way to periodically do some kind of full check to verify that
the slave is an exact duplicate of the master? I thought of just
counting the rows in all the tables on both servers, but that only tells
part of the story. Is the a more elegant and complete way? Also, the
servers are separated by a slow WAN link, so transferring the whole
database across the network is not an option.