On 4/20/06, Dan Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the last episode (Apr 20), Jay Blanchard said:
> > [snip]
> > I need to start a prog. as soon as a particular field in the mySQL 4.x
> > is
> > changed. ie. when in Flag table if_flag is set to '1'  i need to start a
> > script.
> > The script will be in PHP.
> > Pl. tell me how to do so on mySQL 4.x.
> > [/snip]
> >
> > Triggers are not available in 4.x, you will need 5.x
>
> And even triggers won't help.  You will need to have your php script
> poll mysql for the changes.

I didn't get it, you need to run the PHP script at the client or at
the server? I mean, if we're talking of a web page, the same script
that updates that field should launch the script. If not, you're
programming PHP locally, am I right? And if so, you'll have to keep it
running and as Dan said check the value constantly. Kinda weird if you
ask me.

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil