As many have pointed out, the arguments on both sides of the mailing
list ReplyTo behavior have serious flaws.  There is a good reason for
that.  Both arguments are week and use a lot of spin, in a futile
attempt to make their solution appear to be the ideal one.  In reality,
both solutions are bad, but for different reasons.  A good solution
would be for a mailing list to, instead of modifying any headers, add a
ListReply header that would point to the list address.  Then the email
clients can be configurable on how they deal with messages that have
this header.  The default to obviously reply to the list.

I don't see either as all that bad, but it is a pain when most all of
the lists you use are one way, and then this one is the other way, which
is the way it is for me.  It's hard to get in a habit of using the Reply
to All option when replying to this list, which I don't do very often,
is the only time I need to do that.  On top of that the person who sent
the post I am replying to gets 2 copies of the message, as if we all
don't have enough mail to delete.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX