Hi,

        So far for everyone that asked about the permissions on my
directories that I've replied to, no one has said I had a permission issue.

        We tried to upgrade to 3.23.37, and used :

gmake distclean
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/usr/X11/bin
export PATH
CXXFLAGS=-g
export CXXFLAGS
./configure --with-debug --with-mysqld-user=mysql --with-libwrap=/usr/lib --loca
lstatedir=/usr/home/wwwcust1/mysql --enable-static
gmake

        That seemed to be fine.  HOWEVER, when it came to
Msql-Mysql-modules 1.2213, all heck broke loose.  During the configure we saw :

kvasir# more doit
/usr/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL --static --config
kvasir# sh doit
/usr/local/bin/perl: can't resolve symbol 'compress'
/usr/local/bin/perl: can't resolve symbol 'uncompress'
Which drivers do you want to install?

    1)  MySQL only
    2)  mSQL only (either of mSQL 1 or mSQL 2)
    3)  MySQL and mSQL (either of mSQL 1 or mSQL 2)

    4)  mSQL 1 and mSQL 2
    5)  MySQL, mSQL 1 and mSQL 2

Enter the appropriate number:  [3]

        A search of the archives said to add "-lz" to the libs.  This didn't
help, it began to complain about some symbol "newSVpvn".

        When I went to revert back to the previous mysql (3.22.32) it
went fine, but Msql-Mysql-modules 1.2213 still had problems with compress/
uncompress. I had to install it, get a list of all the files involved,
remove them, and reconfigure/install and it was ok.

        We need to fall back and continue trying to debug why the install
falls over, and (to a lesser extent) why it doesn't produce a core. (Then
again, to debug, it might take producing the core first so there is something
to debug).

                Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc