On 22 Apr 2006, at 06:30, Michael Stassen wrote:

Are you saying the update changed the ownership, group, or permissions? I have had OS X updates change the permissions on / tmp 2 or 3 times in the past, but there was no change for me when I just installed JS2E 5.0 Release 4 update. Also, why was it necessary to remove and recreate the link? Couldn't you just reset whatever changed?

It completely changed /tmp. It made /tmp a folder in it's own right, owned by geoffrey (me, admin) and staff.

I've had it change the perms before, but never physically delete the link.

- Geoffrey Sneddon