Hi!

Andre> Hi Michael,
Andre> maybe something 'off topic'...

Andre> I think  a option to set 'autocommit=0' is needed.
Andre> Last week I have made some data manipulation, stupidly my 'where condition' was
Andre> not correct. After pressing 'return', mysql returns with '4576 rows affected'.
Andre> Not that was I expected...
Andre> I didn't set autocommit=0 after starting mysql, so I have to restore my DB

Andre> What do you think about this option?????????

We could always add to mysql and 'init-set-command' option, which
would allow you to do in my.cnf:

[mysql]
init-set-command = 'auto_commit=0'

It's probably not a good idea to do this by default as this would
confuse a lot of our current users.

Regard's
Monty