Hi Martin, all,

again, there is quite a delay to my reply.

Martin Olsson wrote:

This is software I use:

D:\MD>mysql --version
mysql  Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.12, for Win32 (ia32)

Until now, I lived under the impression that error 2006 would not occur on Windows, as it happens on a Unix condition which Windows does not indicate.
So this understanding seems wrong - sorry.

C:\Apache\Apache2\bin>Apache.exe -v
Server version: Apache/2.0.54
Server built:   Apr 16 2005 14:25:31

C:\Apache\Apache2\bin>ver
Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]

Exactly which parameters can I tweak to fix this error (i.e. errno=2006 errmsg=Server gone)?? At this stage _any_ help/hint/guess would be really appreciated.

Are you sure the server is up and running right before you try to send your data? My understanding till now was that error 2006 is reported when the send fails due to a closed socket or similar condition, and that _during the send_ this is only recognizable on Unix and not on Windows.

But that is about all I (believe to) know about this.

[[...]]
---

Joerg Bruehe; you pointed out that: "this message is issued if the client gets an error reported while sending a command to the server". How can I determine if this is in fact the case? And in particular, how can I get my hands on the exact error sent?

In general, is there any types of logging I can check and/or enable to further dig into the cause of this problem?

For both questions I lack the info - sorry.

Joer

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com