On 2 May 2006 20:33:56 -0000, Shivaji S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Rhino,

Thanks for the input.

I mean to say the total Database Size ,that is to see my current Database
Size.I am using 4.0.20 version

Hmm, as generic as your first post. I'll just assume a lot of things
in order to try and answer your question. Lets see.

1) I'll assume you use myisam tables, as your version is kinda outdated.
2) I'll assume you want the total DISK space required for your
database. (could be rows, could be tables, could be space used by the
rows and tables, all of those are different, different storage engines
use space differently, a innodb table could use 1GB in your disk, and
800MB on rows)
3) I'll assume that you KNOW how to get the size of a given
file/directory on your Operating System.

If I'm wrong in any assumption, please let me know.

Locate your "data" directory, if you don't know where it is, or don't
have access to it, you just can't do this (you can always take a look
at the manual, windows is usually the "data" directory, linux is
somewhere in /var/lib, YMMV). Into this directory, you'll see a new
directory for every database, getting the size of the directory you
see how much disk space the database has taken.

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil