Hi,

I need to add another value in an enum so "ALTER TABLE table1 MODIFY Status ENUM('a','b','c')" where 'c' is the new value. My problem is that the tables are VERY big and it would take days to alter them all.

So, i figure the values in enum:s are in the .frm file so why not change it and leave the rest. I created a new empty table and altered it and then copied the new .frm file over the old one. ... and it does seem to work! Select, update works fine and I can use the new value.

My question is if its OK? Has it been done before? Do I miss anything here?

Regards
Jorgen