Maybe I'm thick....

You have a view, called vwMyView.

You SELECT rows from it, and you're able to update the view?

Yet when you SELECT with an ORDER BY clause, you're not allowed to
update the view?

I just do not understand how a read statement affects DML.  I think
you're going to have to post the query you're using, as it's more
complex than a SELECT.  Perhaps you're using a REPLACE INTO ....
SELECT statement?  Or UPDATE .... WHERE .... IN (SELECT....)?

-Sheeri