To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 4:01 PM
Subject: Help on VB and ODBC

Hi everybody, Please I need help on this.

I am beginning a new application. I am doing it with VB 6.0 - MySQL 5.0 - MyODBC 3.51 on Windows

Is there any parameter i need to establish in order to be able to work with RecordSets in the Client side ????, actually i can't because if i do, when i change any value i receive the following message:

Error '-2147217900 (80040e14) en tiempo de ejecucion:

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.15]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL Server version for the right syntax to use near'. ´catpartes´ SET ´condicion´ =2 WHERE ´CveCia´ =1 and ´Almacen´ ='01' and ´NoParte´ at line 1

If i change the CursorLocation to 3 - adUseClient i don't receive the above message and the information is updated correctly . But with the CursorLocation 2 - adUseServer the DataList, DataCombo and DataGrid dont work.

Thanks in advance.