On 5/5/06, Dominik Klein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I experience that my slave gets blocked after a while (a couple of slave
stop and slave start happen in the meantime). In errorlog I see

Slave I/O thread: error reconnecting to master
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]:3306': Error: 'Host 'myhost.mydomain.de' is
blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin
flush-hosts''  errno: 1129  retry-time: 60  retries: 86400

Slave and Master are 5.0.20.
How can I see why the slave was blocked?

Regards
Dominik

What is your max_connect_errors setting on the master, because your
slave has failed to connect to the master for more than
max_connect_errors times, please look at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/blocked-host.html..

Do you also see numerous failed connects in your slave log, along with
the blocked error.

another question on this error message:

is it possible to see the count of errors for each host from some table
or file?

I don't think you can do this, but you can write a shell/perl script
to parse your error logs and count the errors for each host.

Kishore Jalleda
http://kjalleda.googlepages.com/projects