On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 12:55:55PM +0100, Peter Rosenthal wrote:
> Out of interest is there any time on the roadmap to improve the query
> optimizer's handling of sub-queries as specified in
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/subquery-restrictions.html ?

As Timour previewed at his "Speeding Up Queries" session at the MySQL
Users Conference, optimizations for subquery performance are currently
scheduled for the 5.2 release. (And as I'm sure Robin and Zack covered
at one of their talks on the MySQL roadmap, 5.2 is currently scheduled
to reach a production release sometime in 2007.)

Jim Winstead
MySQL Inc.