Fast, incremental, compressed, and no max-size limitations. Must be
transaction safe; able to run while transactions are going on without
including any started after the backup began; the usual stuff.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 6:14 PM
To: Robert DiFalco
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Backups with MySQL/InnoDB

On Sunday,  7 May 2006 at  9:27:31 -0700, Robert DiFalco wrote:
> What are people doing for backups on very large MySQL/InnoDB
databases?
> Say for databases greater than 200 GB. Curious about the backup
> methods, procedures, and frequency.

A second question, but not for the first time: how would you *like* to
do backups if you had the choice?  We're currently in the final stages
of the design of an online backup solution, and in the near future I'll
publish the specs.  I won't mention them now to avoid influencing you,
but now's the time to speak up if you want something specific.

Greg
--
Greg Lehey, Senior Software Engineer
MySQL AB, http://www.mysql.com/