Greetings All:

I'll keep this brief.  Subject says it all.

There's MRTG, which appears to have branched to RRD, and Spong, and Big Brother
(which used to be good), and Big Sister, and MRTG-PME, inept, etc. ad nauseam.

Problem with most of the better developed ones is a perl basis and usage of
flat-files for history, etc.  SNMP opens up security problems and you can't get
MIB's for every device.

All I'm looking for is uptime, traffic, cpu, disk, and key services monitoring.
Flat-files, just doesn't make sense.  MySQL as the data repository seems to make
much more sense.

Before I go inventing the wheel and starting a new C/C++ project, does anyone
know of something out there that does these basic things?

I'm not too concerned with the graphing; I'll throw together my own php or
c-based gd images with the data.

Thanks, if anyone can help prevent YAMT (monitoring tool).

Best Regards,
Van