On 5/9/06, Alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That's what I actually did now. We have got the "databases start with
usernames + number appended" situation here so i patched sql_show.cc
code to only do acl checks on databases starting with the username.

Still not optimal but cuts down a show databases on a server with 60.000
databases from 15 seconds to 0.14 seconds which is ok.

Same here - my database names start with username+underscore, so query
now takes 0.05 instead of 6 secs (I have about 15000 DBs).

--
Alexey Polyakov