I've finally got MySQL 5.0 going on my Win2K machine, but phpMyAdmin 2.8.0.3 is now giving me grief. It gives me this error:

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. #1251 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I'm using the same phpMyAdmin config file as when I had a previous version of MySQL installed, so I'm stumped on what could be the hangup.

How do I upgrade my MySQL client? phpinfo tells me the API is 3.23.49.

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type']     = 'config';

I'm not even sure this is a MySQL question, but if someone can provide a clue for me that would be great.
--
Amer Neely
Home of Spam Catcher