I've just noticed in one of my databases a table named 'func', which I'm positive I never created.

It was empty and has 4 columns:
mysql> describe func;
+-------+------------------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field | Type                         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-------+------------------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| name  | char(64)                     | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
| ret   | tinyint(1)                   | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| dl    | char(128)                    | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| type  | enum('function','aggregate') | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
4 rows in set (0.01 sec)

A search for 'func' in the 5.0 docs reveals there apparently is a system table in the mysql database called 'func', but I can't find anything about why it would be created in a client database.

It does appear in my mysql database as well, but no others. Anyone got an idea where it's coming from? And can I delete it from the client database?

I suspect this may have something to do with my recent upgrade to 5.0 but I don't see the purpose, especially as it only appears in one of my client databases.

--
Amer Neely
Home of Spam Catcher