The courses MySQL offers are excellent.  Perhaps good courses to take
would be the MySQL DBA or Developer Certification Tutorials, and then
take the certification tests.  http://www.mysql.com/training/  I've
taken their courses and have only good things to say.

-Sheeri

On 5/12/06, Barry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
abhishek jain schrieb:
> Hi all,
> I have been using mysql from last few years but for small projects only,
> recently i have been on to some good projects, I want toknow what is the
> best coding practices for mysql to kee it fast etc.
> I mean in mine earlier post one friend told me that size upto 4 GB can be
> achieved with Mysql.
> I want to know:
> 1)Which is better a long table in terms of nos. of columns or use join and
> increase the columns. eg. in simple registration site we have 20 columns ,
> we should use it in same table or use it in two diff. tables.
Depends on what you want to do with that table.
If you have lotsa crossover questions and need to mix up stuff. use more
tables.
otherwise use less.
> 2)To use indexes to the maximum or restrain its use.
To maximum.
Read also the optimize sections of dev.mysql.com.
They help a lot.
> 3)etc.
Blah blah

> Pl. point me to good advanced tutorial of mysql.
> Also is there any certification of mysql, php etc.

What kind of cert you are talking about?
SSL certs or what?

Barry

--
Smileys rule (cX.x)C --o(^_^o)
Dance for me! ^(^_^)o (o^_^)o o(^_^)^ o(^_^o)