I'm fairly new to all this and duing everything step by step...

I made my first (test) php site - and it works... then, i have this script
where i'm supposed to find out if MySQL and PHP talk with each other. and
there i get the answer
"Error 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (46)" and the tem-folder in my page root is empty, too.
But i have PHPMyAdmin and i can log in there. i just have no clue where the
files are and how i change it so that i finaly can start learning by
doing...

Thanks so much for the help...
steve