Dan Trainor wrote:

Hi -

I would like to be able to replicate all queries from a live MySQL server, to a testing server at the office.

The reason for doing this is to test load under [semi]real-world conditions with the new server.

Hi -

So I was thinking about this more, and then it dawned on me. This is simple MySQL replication.

Sorry for wasting the time.

No, it isn't. Selects aren't replicated nor is the timing true to catch contention problems. I've done this recently and whilst I don't have time now I'll post my solution tomorrow. Assuming:

A) Your using *nux
B) Your application(s) and database are hosted on different machines
C) You have root access on one of the boxes
D) You can take a live db snapshot

It will let you record and playback your database server's load.

HTH

Nigel