Hello all,

I have seen that there are some people asking the same question.
How to bind to multiple ip addresses but not to all?

I have the need to do the same.

I am running multiple Mysql servers on a cluster (Not mysql cluster).
The cluster has 2 nodes and they are connected to a SAN to get disks for each database instance.

There are around 4-5 instances running on the cluster binding to a specific address.
For example
192.168.100.n1
192.168.100.n2
192.168.100.n3  etc

The 192.168.100 is the network which connects to all production hosts/switches and I dont want to saturate the traffic on this network.

I have another 192.168.50 network which connects to backup switches. Here is all the traffice related to backup aggregation.

I would like to back the mysql servers over the backup network.
For example the server that listens to 192.168.100.110, I would like to connect to 192.168.50.110 etc.

Okay, so from the source it seems that this is not possible.

Would anyone advice using tricks with netfilter to be able to do this?

Or. Would it be very difficult to patch mysql to listen to a list of ip addresses?

Thanks and best regards.

Atif