If it worked on your test box, but not in production, what is
different about those 2 boxes?  Common sense says "If it worked on one
box but not another, it's not the software, but a difference between
the 2 boxes."

And you can always file a bug report with MySQL or get a consultant
(through MySQL AB or not) to help you.  This list isn't the entirety
of knowledge out there on MySQL, although it's pretty good.

-Sheeri