Oh, one other thing.

The group that I work with at the one large company (call it company "X") which Randy the MS rep was taking to lunch... is about to upgrade some servers and spend somewhere around $250k on new MS SQL server licenses. I'm not really sure why. (Oxygen deprivation could explain it, except we seem to have plenty of oxgyen.) How can I possibly explain to them that we can port all of these web apps to MySQL or some other database (I don't care... MySQL is my first choice but Postgres is very nice but we could use database ABC or Wally's DB or use flat files written in Mandarin Chinese for all I care) for less money than we will spend on software on one upgrade cycle?

Does anyone else have similar experiences?

Douglas Sims
[EMAIL PROTECTED]