Hi,

RE:
> Have you tried
> analyze table x;

This was quick:

mysql> analyze table TEST;
Table          Op      Msg_type        Msg_text
CAT.TEST       analyze status  Table is already up to date

--------------------------

mysql> show index from TEST;
| Table | Non_unique | Key_name   | Seq_in_index | Column_name | Collation |
Cardinality | Sub_part | Packed | Null | Index_type | Comment |
| TEST |          1 | MMtestfiel |            1 | MMtestfiel  | A         |
    838 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      | NULL    |
| TEST |          1 | MMi_m      |            1 | MMi_m       | A         |
  25857 |     NULL | NULL   | YES  | BTREE      | NULL    |