From: Dan Buettner
[*mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:12 AM

To: murthy gandikota

Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com

Subject: Re: ERROR 1016 (HY000): Can't open file: 'agent.ibd' (errno: 1)

Murthy, doing some quick reading on InnoDB table definitions, it appears
that MySQL itself keeps some info in the .frm file, while InnoDB keeps some
info within the tablespace.

While you can easily move MyISAM table files about amongst MySQL database
directories (mind you stop the server and that MySQL access permissions
won't follow), the same appears to not be true for InnoDB.

I'm not sure what the best way to move or copy an InnoDB table or tables
from one database to another is ... anyone?

Dan

murthy gandikota wrote:

> Hi Dan

> The table was never dropped. I removed the agent.frm file and tried. Here
is the output:

> mysql> desc agent;

> ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'sfgn.agent' doesn't exist

> Dan Buettner wrote:

> Is the 'agent' table a current table, or one that got dropped at some
point?

> See

> *http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-troubleshooting-datadict*

> .html The last half seems relevant - it's pointing you to removing the

> .frm file manually. Personally, I'd mv it and not rm it.

> Dan

> murthy gandikota wrote:

>> Hi Dan

>> I've set the permissions to 777 for all the files and directories.

>> Basically I did chmod -R 777 sfgnew. Also changed the ownership to

>> mysql using chown -R mysql:mysql sfgnew.

>> Thanks!

>> */Dan Buettner /* wrote:

>> Murthy, do you have appropriate permissions (777 works, or 775/770 if

>> owned by mysql user) on your new directory ('sfgnew')? If you don't

>> have execute permission for the mysql user on that dir, MySQL can't

>> list the contents ...

>> Dan

>> murthy gandikota wrote:

>>> I'm getting the following error

>>> ERROR 1016 (HY000): Can't open file: 'agent.ibd' (errno: 1)

>>> This is the output from mysqld

>>> 060613 19:59:34 InnoDB error:

>>> Cannot find table sfgnew/agent from the internal data dictionary of

>>> InnoDB though the .frm file for the table exists. Maybe you have

>>> deleted and recreated InnoDB data files but have forgotten to delete

>>> the corresponding .frm files of InnoDB tables, or you have moved

>>> .frm files to another database?

>>> Look from section 15.1 of
*http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html*how
you

>>> can resolve the problem

>>> Can anyone please help me figure this out?

>>> Here are some pertinent facts:

>>> a) stopped mysqld

>>> b) copied files from sfg to sfgnew in the var directory

>>> c) set the permissions to 777 (read, write, execute) for all the

>> files in sfgnew

>>> d) restarted mysqld

>>> Murthy