XP
> Pro (my development machine) environment.
>
> Thanks,
> Jesse

I think there are lots of possible reasons, but first thing to do is to
check the mysql data directory for a karate directory.  Look inside it.
That's where your tables should be.

I had a problem not too long ago where a table I wanted to work with was
an innodb type table, but because of a config file issue, the innodb
storage engine wouldn't start.  So, the table was there, but because
innodb wasn't active, weird things like that were happening.