AFAIK, no, you can't do that, but you can have multiple servers on one server,
so long as they don't try and control the same data files.

Each server could use a different socket.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Ben Koetter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 15 June 2006 3:04 a.m.
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Can I have multiple sockets?

I have an application (Postfix) I want to run chrooted. When I do run it
chrooted it will not be able to "see" the MySQL UNIX domain socket at it's
default location. (I could use a TCP socket, but I don't want to...)

Is there a way I can tell MySQL to establish multiple sockets e.g. a socket
per database or would I have to run several instances of a MySQL server giving
each instance a different (socket) configuration?

I tried to figure that out myself and read the manual etc. but I couldn't come
up with an answer. Did I miss some documentation?

Thanks,

Patrick

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are asked to respect that confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use
of its contents. If received in error you are asked to destroy this email
and contact the sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.