There will probably be a full-blown Windows GUI version eventually. But for now, I guess you have to compile it under cygwin, which should work but hasn't been tried so far.

There is probably a demand for windows, keep me posted now and then, and I'll let you know when it's available. Or just look at the project at sourceforge now and then.

Best regards
Anders Karlsson
Gabriel Mahiques wrote:
Anders I want this for Windows?
how do I do it?

Anders Karlsson escribió:
The first version of MyMonitor is now available in source form on sourceforge and can be downloaded from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mymonitor

The reason for this tool is simple, and it's also a bit different from other similar tools (at least the ones I've looked at). The tool gets the output from SHOW PROCESSLIST repeatedly and does some magic to this to count the number of executions and execution time. The difference is in how it handles the SQL statement text. Before somparing the SQL text of a statment to the statements in the previous run of SHOW PROCESSLIST or to the SQL in an internal list of frequently accessed SQL statements, it removes any references to literal values. So the these statements:
SELECT * FROM customer WHERE cust_id = 123;
and
SELECT * FROM customer WHERE cust_id = 123;

Which in SHOW PROCESSLIST is shown as 2 distinct statements are handled as two executions of the same statement: "SELECT * FROM customer WHERE cust_id = ?", which is usually how it works anyway.

The output through ncurses, a bit like "top". The collected statements may also be written to file, and there are a bunch of other settings, and there is also documentation in shape of a User Guide in PDF format.

The current version is considered a beta, so comments on porting are more than welcome. I have so far only run it on a couple of Linux'es, but there is more to come. ncurses library is required, as well as the MySQL Client library of course.

Enjoy, and comments are welcome, I hope this tool will turn out useful

--
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /  Anders Karlsson ([EMAIL PROTECTED])