To: "James Sherwood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "mysqllist" <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: Weird error when creating a field

James, that is a "permission denied" OS error.

When you run an alter table command (adding a field) MySQL builds a new table alongside the old, then swaps them. Some file move/rename perations are associated with that.

I would check that the mysql user on your system has full privileges on the data and database directories and database files.

Dan

James Sherwood wrote:
Hello,

Today we tried to create a new field on a table in one of our databases. When we tried to save the field we get the error:

Error on rename of "./DBNAME/TABLENAME.MYI" to "./DBNAME/#SQL2-210-174.MYI" (Errorcode: 13)

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks,
James

http://www.eset.com