Hi all,

I have download the mysql-4.0.27. And I am trying to cross compile it for
Intel-XScale ARM processor on Linux-2.4.20.
I have run the configure command as follows

# CC=$PATH/arm-linux-gcc LD=$PATH/arm-linux-ld ./configure -C
--host=arm-linux

This gives the error as follows (last few lines are given below):

checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for pdftex... manual.pdf
checking for tex... manual.dvi
checking "return type of sprintf"... configure: error: cannot run test
program while cross compiling

Let me know, where is the mistake.
Appreciate your help and thanks in advance.

Vishal
Axis Software Pvt. Ltd.
Pune-04.