Hi,

I'm trying to build a query in using SQL instead of doing it in Perl.

I am trying to do something like this :

If ((select col1 from table1 where id = 1) == 3)
Then
Select col2 from table2 where table2.id = 1;
Else
Select col2 from table3 where table3.id = 1;

In Perl I would probably do have to access the DB twice.

Select col2 from table1 where if = 1;

If (col2 == 3) {
 Select col2 from table2 where table2.id = 1;
} else {
 Select col2 from table3 where table3.id = 1;
}

I've read the manual on subqueries but the example don't indicate how I
can
do a conditional test using a subquery?

Am I on the right track or is there another way to do this?

Thanks

--
Ken
e11804