Sorry forgot to copy my version:

It's not acepting the delimiter command, can be ? I'm really missing
something here.
+-------------------------------+
| version()                     |
| 4.0.24_Debian-10ubuntu2.3-log |
mysql> delimiter //
   -> CREATE PROCEDURE simpleproc (OUT param1 INT)
   -> BEGIN
   ->
   -> SELECT COUNT(*) INTO param1 FROM t;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near