I have the subject book and I want to learn SQL from this book. Alas the bookbiz.sql file on the cd-rom was last updated in 1996 :-) 10 years ago. I tried to load it on my version 4 mysql and it would not get far at all. It appears that the software has changed since 1996.

I did the testing and found first dates were now yyyy-mo-day and in 1996 it was mo/day/yy and so I had to change all those. Under all the INSERT INTO titles VALUE entries the use of '' was not complete. And the sentenses were too long.

It took about 6 hours to correct the file but it's done. It loads with just a couple of warnings on my version 4.1.10.

73 Karl