Hi,

Please let us know what all variables you have configured in your my.cnf files.
what is your total size of memory in box.

eg : max_connections
      key_buffer_size
      sort_buffer_size.

Gabriel PREDA wrote:

Hi list,

Since we bought a better hardware for our dedicated MySQL Server we
have been running into some problems.

We are using:
- Fedora Core 3 - 64bit version
- Kernel: 2.6.9-1.667smp - x86_64
- MySQL 5.0.21-standard - for 64bit

- RAM: 4 GB
- RAID 5 matrix with 3 SCSI disks at 15k rotations

We are using InnoDB tables (with one or 2 exceptions... for some
FullText indexes)...
We are not using transactions... yet !

I'll drop config. details lower...

Still at given moments MySQL hangs... it does not accept connections anymore...
We can't kill the process... with KILL command... the only thing we
can do is ask the hosting provider to do a HARDWARE reset... and
someone goes to the machine and pushes the reset button... this hppens
at least once a week...

Does this happened to someone else ?

What was the problem ?

Thanx in advance !

--
Thanks & Regards,
Dilipkumar

Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering the information to the named recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Watch India vs. England LIVE, Hot videos and more only on Sify Max! Click Here.
www.sifymax.com

Get to see what's happening in your favourite City on Bangalore Live!
www.bangalorelive.in