Hi Remo, your method works fine on version 4.1 and the one shown for version 5 does not work here. Nice to know there is a SQL word AUTO_INCREMENT to do the job.

Karl

Remo Tex wrote:
    If you are using autoincrement filed you could try this:
ALTER TABLE `my_database`.`my_table` AUTO_INCREMENT = 201;

...or else if it is some stored proc you should find and edit table where it sotres index/counter data..

Tom Ray [Lists] wrote:
Hey, I have a really simple question (I hope)..I have a database that has a field in it that autoindexes the number. I screwed up and imported a bunch of wrong data. Up to row 200 it's right, beyond that it was wrong so I had delete it all. The problem now is the autoindexing is set to 1105, I want to change it so the next insert gets a number of 201 not 1105.

I've tried to change it via phpMyAdmin but it keeps going back to 1105. Is there anyway I can do this?