On 6/23/06, Jørn Dahl-Stamnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Friday 23 June 2006 15:30, Brent Baisley wrote:
> I assume you are using php. It has to do with how the password in mysql is
> encrypted. On some accounts, the ones that work, it's encrypted in the
> "old" way that php can use. The default "new", php 4 can't use. Here's the
> part of the manual that explains it and how to fix it:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/old-client.html

Yes, I forgot to say that I was using PHP. However, using mysql does not work
eigher.

Thanks for the tip. I guess I just drop the password...

You're probably using an old MySQL library, locate it and get the
newer version. If you don't want or can't do that, start your server
with --old-passwords option and you'll be fine (till you go to
production state).

--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
homepage: http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/