Thanks Peter,

this should give me a head start. I will try it and mail again if I get
stuck.

Craig

On 6/25/06, Peter Brawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 >I need the query to select the data from table1 on db1 and then select
the
>data from table1 on db2 and return a result of where if a field data
value
>is found in both tables that matches on name for example, it would count
the
>occurrences.

Not entirely clear. Do you mean ...

SELECT
  name,
  COUNT(field) AS Count1,
  (SELECT COUNT(field) FROM db2.tbl2 WHERE db2.tbl2.name=db1.tbl1.name) AS
Count2
FROM db1.tbl1
GROUP BY name;

?

PB

-----

Cx Cx wrote:

Hello List!

Does anybody know how to select and build a result set from two or more
databases with the same table structures that are on the same server.

I need the query to select the data from table1 on db1 and then select the

data from table1 on db2 and return a result of where if a field data value

is found in both tables that matches on name for example, it would count
the
occurrences.

Thanks in advance

Craig