Hi Comunity,

I am facing concurrency problem. The scenario is, I have a table, the
primary key of that table say 'uid' is a unique number, which is used by my
application. So every time i fire a query, i get max(uid) i read this
ResultSet from my Java application. I increament this uid to +1. This
resulted 'uid' will be updated to the Table. This table is used by more than
one thread at any given time. So if some threads fire SQL command at same
time, they are getting same uid and result is a duplicate values Exception.
I cannot use AUTOINCREMENT. Please anybody have any solution for this?